- Raising hand.
#nocode folks! @rileyj_s and I are hosting another NoCode Maker Hangout tomorrow at 6pm PT. We're mixing it up w/ @TwitterSpaces (which has no registration / URL) so drop your info here and we'll let you know how to join when the time comes https://lu.ma/l7m903te
Here's the NoCode Hangout link! https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1BRJjBegqQpJw
- Hopes and dreams for the nocode maker group?
- Growing education around nocode. What's been helpful. What will it look like/how will it grow?
- Templates (clones) vs. building from scratch.
- Team collaboration with nocode. How are groups doing this effectively with the learning curve nocode tools can sometime provide?
- NoCode companies: agencies, consultancies. Startups / businesses.
What have you been building this week.
- Alessandro notalefyi - freshman,
- studie — scholarship — adalo
- scholarcash.org — webflow
- Colleges through money. Adalo course at the college.
- Schools teaching webflow as part of their course. We don't know it.
- Buildr — CEO Mark is in here. Magnuson
- 38, learned Visual Basic when 14.
- Adalo, webflow. Listen to Visual Dev podcast
- Designer build it, then find a custom coder needed
- Nocode - does it get you 80% of the use case? - Ben
- Always need code to bridge the gap of something interesting or consequence.
- Low laying the base, then you can do something on top.
- Person who takes the first step is there for the last. The guardrails in to be put back in place. Product owner are going down the stack. 8020 with teams.
- Matt V - agency life. Working with Riley on one. Hire Riley. Webflow partners. Solo founders all the way up venture backed and public.
- Retainer vs. project work.
- Prev CEO with andrew wilkinson break the retainer model.
- Zoom call hand off. Loom calls and DYI handle themselves. Documentation.
- Project with Shuan Parker. Manage project. Loom videos in the style guide.
- Mark - consultancy
- Setting proper customer expectations. Do something in 30 mins that works. Doing something complicated also takes 30 mins.
- Justin Watt - direction of operation at Metalab would be great.
- Big Coda fan, but do use Notion.
- Fortune 500 — we'll hop in to notion with you. Project space for every project. Client area. 1-3 week sprints. Meet with clients and move to next sprint.
- Take away in a figma file.
- Guest access. Then it's a spread mechanism. Transfer. They love it. Collaborate. Have the history of it.
- Gate — do they want to partner (say yes), vs. staff augmentation.
- Notion —> Coda —> Clickup and fully cycling between the 3.
- A Manual. Expectations. Desired communication pref. Working style. Meeting to schedule button.
- Proposals. Fixed price quotes and est. the timeline.
Hopes and dreams
- Webflow, university etc.
- Buildr — it's hard to do —- Mark.
- Community based education. NoCode founders, Makerpad.
- Will it splinter out.
- At class - Alessandra.
- RR Abrot's YouTube videos are part of the program.
- Heavily curated from a specific source.
- Community informs the higher quality stream of content. More power users are sharing knowledge.
- I want that in the tool. While people are building the projects.
- A guided experience, curated flow of power user's content. Reach out to power users.
Like Builder hour
- A user demos what they've created. Q&A focused on the scope.
- Zoom. Started off as webinar vs. everyones face. + Lu.ma for registration (Luma is popular on TikTok). Don't get zoom link right before. Not getting zoom bomped, not on the list.
- Record the demo.
Getting users - demo day and showcase. Monetization.
- Sales and marketing to grow the idea. We have eng is easier. Promote. Showcase product Adalo in a zoom call.
- Monetization, investors, business skill and workshops. Market strategy.
- Reverse engineer really well-funded startups. Run it leaner.
- Growth tactics. reverse and see their facebook ads. Ranking for. Point is to not be better than them. Fraction of the cost. Solo no doe founder. Smart people
- B2B, easier to get funding?
- Building is the fun part. Building a tool for the growth people or for influencers.
- link.tree is so easy to build. It markets itself. That lives in an influencer's profile. Build tools for influencer.
- Getting on an app story.
- Influencers, creators.
- kit.co —> put together their favorite
- https://beacons.ai/ — give you a fraction of the company.
- Eyeballs are the most powerful people. They make the calls. They have no idea what that means.